I have been practicing criminal law and involved in Domestic Violence crimes for 15 years. My practice encompasses a wide array of criminal defense, from Misdemeanors to Class A Felonies. I have successfully defended clients on charges ranging from homicide to simple assaults. Prior to representing defendants, I was an Assistant District Attorney in the Bronx County District Attorney’s Office where I prosecuted numerous trials to verdict and presented hundreds of cases to the Grand Jury involving violent crimes, narcotics, DUIs, economic crimes and weapons possessions. I am a member of the Washington Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys and have been recognized as a “Rising Star” by Washington Law and Politics Magazine in 2010 and 2011.
- 2003 JD – Juris Doctor from the Benjamin Cardozo School of Law, New York, NY.
- 1999 BA – Bachelor of Arts, Evergreen State College
- Superb Lawyer, AVVO, 2008 to present.
- Rising Star, Law & Politics Magazine, 2010, 2011
- Super Lawyer, Seattle Met Magazine, 2014-2016
- Member, Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2007–present
- Co-Chair, Cardozo Society of Washington State, 2007-2011
- Chair, Cardozo Judicial Evaluation Committee, 2011-present
- Navigating the Deadly Poppy Fields, an Introduction to Defending Drug Cases, NALS Lecture, 2010
- The Civil Attorney’s Field Guide to Criminal Defense in Washington State, Private Seminar for Civil Attorneys, 2008
- The Insanity Defense CLE – Ethical Considerations and Community Impact, 2008
- TruTV’s Coverage of Naveed Haq Trial, 2008
- Washington State Bar Association, Licensed to practice law in Washington State since 2007.
- New York State Bar, Licensed to practice law in New York State since 2003.
- U.S. District Court Western District of Washington, since 2007.